Monday, May 26, 2014

Sweet Summer

Sometimes taking a break from the everyday hustle and bustle can be exactly what you need. I look forward to summer for a couple of reasons I love the long nights and the exciting trips mostly. Most people know me for my exciting trips and spontaneous weekends. I am very lucky to not have to work Sunday's or Mondays and so I have a 2 day weekend that lasts a little longer than most and it's a nice feeling. This weekend was very eventful and sometimes that's exactly what you need. Stepping out of my comfort zone COMPLETELY, I went camping! We went to Hammonasset Beach State Park  Connecticut and it was my first time there as well as my first time camping out in the wilderness. To be completely honest though it was a really nice camp site and a 2 minute walk to this beautiful beach, and we had great camping neighbors who made it a fabulous experience. I think this has made me a little more fond of my adventurous side and I think I actually want to go camping again soon! There are a couple of things I would change though just to make the experience even more enjoyable. Here is my list of camping must haves for a glamorous time!

  1. An air mattress ( we didn't have one and it made for a very lumpy night)
  2. Fire pit (the campsite we went to allowed for an open fire like this because it was containable)
  3. Last but not least FRIENDS (the company you keep can really make or break not only your trip but everyday life as well)
Here are some pictures of the GLAMping experience (Glamorous Camping)



I love a good monogram while grilling



















After leaving the such a serene place we went shopping as the outlets were pretty close and because it was memorial day weekend there were some really great deals! My favorite deals were the ones at Old Navy,and  after a long afternoon of shopping you need an satisfying meal. We stopped by "The Place" restaurant in Guilford CT. It has been somewhere that I have been wanting to go since last year and I am so excited that I finally got to go what an experience, it was the true essence of outdoor dining and it was fabulous! I can't wait to go back and be more prepared as far as what to expect. It was a learning experience and I now know what I can do to make it even better!


this is what you can expect when dining at the place! Too cute!

Lastly today was a perfect summer day. The weather was awesome and it really left me with a feeling of excitement for what the rest of the summer will bring. My parents bought a grill so I'm excited for that to be up and running so that I can have summer cookouts, that is definitely  something that is on my summer to do list which I will post at a later date. My mom also helped kick off summer in the best possible way it's  a summer tradition in my family and that was  making  Mango Lassi's which are a sweet smoothie like drink that is very popular in the Indian community. If you go to an Indian restaurant and they have it on their menu I recommend that you order it and savor the flavor because it is amazing! You can also make it home and there are many recipes online you can follow but one of my favorites  is this one.

 Mango Lassi = Sweet Summer

Cheers to a fabulous summer!




















0 comments:

Post a Comment